Want a way to connect with off-market homeowners and recently expired listings? Brandon Moore-Johnson, an agent from our Lakeland Office, has shared how he has had success with this letter mailing method.
- Draft a nice letter on letterhead and mail the letter using a hand-written address.
- Mail a real offer signed by buyers. The package should include a letterhead branded document with a breakdown of the offer and the full As Is Residential contract. Send it in a manila envelope with a hand-written address.
- Use Realist, Remine, or the local property appraisers website to locate the mailing address of owner. If the home is in a trust or business entity the property appraisers site will show the mailing address for the trust or entity. Search that mailing address and you should find the actual name of the property owner.
*Remine is actually a pretty powerful tool for finding homeowner’s info. Brandon shared he:
1. Made contact with several sellers off-market using the data in Remine
2. Helped a buyer close on a piece of land last year
3. Showed a home off-market
4. Got a call from a recently expired listing (in a trust)
- Presentation matters. Figure out a way to set yourself apart from the mailer blasts of Opendoor and other investors so that a homeowner will actually open your mail. Brandon shared, "One of the homeowners took me seriously simply because of the name Berkshire Hathaway [HomeServices]."
- Use the tools available to you. Advertise that you can get homeowners a guaranteed cash offer (QuickBuy). Advertise you can help a seller renovate/update their home and get it sold for top dollar without the seller incurring any out of pocket expense (Curbio).
- With a low inventory market, finding off-market properties is really helpful in being a successful buyer AND listing agent.